Tree Constraints & Protection Plan
Topographical, or land surveys as they are sometimes known, are provided by Kempston Surveys Ltd
a long established company who provide us with accurate and reliable plans which can then be used by all members of a
design team. Kempston Surveys can be contacted directly through their website.
Download a free pack
of Planning & Development information consisting of: Ground-Guards,
'Ground protection Solutions'
'Cellweb Installation Method Statement'
NJUG's, 'Installing Underground Services'
...will not validate a planning application without a supporting tree survey.
Planning & Development:
- Pre-application advice to clients considering a planning application-we will advise regarding the potential
area for development relative to the trees on and immediately adjacent to the site
- Pre-design survey of the trees and hedgerows in accordance with British Standard 5837 (2012) 'Trees in relation to Design,
Demolition & Construction'. This type of survey will be suitable for submission with an outline planning application or for
use as a tool to inform the detailed design. It will include a schedule of all trees and a Tree Constraints/Protection Plan
produced using CAD
- Post-design Arboricultural Implications Assessment-based on a conceptual or detailed design we will assess the
arboricultural implications through the juxtaposition of trees and development, and will recommend appropriate
- Post-planning approval Method Statement-we will prepare an Arboricultural Method Statement and a detailed Tree
Protection Plan suitable for discharge of landscape/tree related planning conditions, which will be designed to inform
the contractors responsible for project implementation
- Specialist Method Statements-when necessary we will prepare detailed specifications and drawings for specialised
construction methods for access roads, footways, car parking areas, and even foundations. This is likely to be required
in situations where the arboricultural constraints are at odds with aspects of the development plan
- Other advice-we will provide advice to designers and structural engineers regarding the potential effects of
retained trees, be they within or outside the site boundary, on the completed buildings and infrastructure. This type
of advice will have taken into account the species, eventual maximum height and water demand of the trees
- Site Monitoring-we will, when required, attend site to monitor various activities that could impact on the
retained trees, and will directly supervise certain works where appropriate. Such monitoring will usually be required
to discharge a specific condition to a planning approval
- Landscape Design-we are able to design the soft landscaping elements for development projects, such that the balance
between retained trees and new planting is harmonious and sustainable and aesthetically pleasing